The agreements were reached after more than two years of hard and intensive, but always professional and constructive, negotiations. Due to unbundling rules, negotiations were held individually - negotiations with Gazprom export on the gas supply agreement were conducted by SPP and talks on the transmission agreement were held by Eustream.
The gas supply agreement secures stability for SPP and ensures stable, reliable and at the same time competitive gas supplies to Slovakia also after 2008. „The new agreement gives us stability and secures reliable gas supplies to Slovak households and businesses. The fact that the agreement was concluded for such a long period of force proves the mutual trust that exists between SPP and our Russian supplier, Gazprom export, and so it provides the necessary stable basis for the energy security of the Slovak Republic,“ stated Bernd Wagner, Chairman of the Board of Directors of SPP.
„We have more business partners, but we have only one customer like Gazprom Export with an agreement signed for the transit of more than 1 trillion cubic meters of natural gas. This is a huge success that will allow Eustream to remain a key player in securing gas supplies for the European Union for the next 20 years,“ stated Antoine Jourdain, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Eustream.
Press conference participants:
- Slovenský plynárenský priemysel, a.s.
- Bernd Wagner, Chairman of the Board of Directors of SPP, a.s.
- Ján Dudášik, Member of the Board of Directors of SPP, a.s.
- Jean-Jacques Ciazynski, Member of the Board of Directors of SPP, a.s.
- eustream, a.s.
- Antoine Jourdain, Chairman of the Board of Directors of eustream, a.s.
- Andreas Rau, Member of the Board of Directors of eustream, a.s.
- OOO Gazprom export:
- Alexander Medvedev, Vice-Chairman of the Management Board of Gazprom, General Director of OOO Gazprom export
- Sergey Chelpanov, Deputy General Director, Executive director for the gas industry of OOO Gazprom export
Download audio and video