The transmission system consists of four or five parallel pipelines mostly 1200/1400 mm in diameter with an operating pressure of 73 bars. The pressure differential needed for a continuous gas flow is ensured by four large compressor stations with an aggregated power of almost 550 MW. The most important station is located at Veľké Kapušany at the Ukrainian-Slovak border. With a total power of nearly 300 MW it is the biggest compressor station in the EU, allowing an entry flow of 220 million cubic meters per day.
Our company continually strives to modernise and upgrade the gas infrastructure. For that reason we have implemented several projects aimed at enhancing system operation and communication with our customers.
Access to the transmission system is entry-exit based. For entering and exiting the system customers can choose from the following entry/exit points:
- Veľké Kapušany (one of the border points between the Slovak Republic and Ukraine),
- Budince (one of the border points between the Slovak Republic and Ukraine),
- Baumgarten (border point between the Slovak Republic and Austria),
- Lanžhot (border point between the Slovak Republic and the Czech Republic),
- Velké Zlievce (border point between the Slovak Republic and the Hungary),
- Domestic point (virtual aggregated interconnection to and from domestic storage and distribution networks).